O’Donnell Joins Alvarez & Marsal as Managing Director

April 29th, 2016
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) bolstered its Executive Compensation and Benefits practice with the addition of George F. Read the original post: O’Donnell Joins Alvarez & Marsal as Managing Director

Deloitte Expands CLO Services Practice

April 26th, 2016
Hillel Caplan and Lynda Lazzari were named co-leads for Deloitte & Touche’s Collateralized Loan Obligation(CLO) Services Practice within the firm’s securitization practice. A Deloitte Advisory partner, Caplan has more than 22 years of experience serving asset management clients Go here to see the original: Deloitte Expands CLO Services Practice

What Employers Really Look for When Hiring

April 19th, 2016
Carolyn Mazzenga, partner-in-charge at accounting firm Marcum LLP, explains why even the smartest job candidates might get turned down if they don't fit with the company culture. Link: What Employers Really Look for When Hiring
Posted under: accounting Business company

Crestmark Promotes Hickey to First VP, Assistant Portfolio Manager

April 12th, 2016
Susan Hickey was promoted to first vice president, assistant portfolio manager for Crestmark’s Eastern Division. Hickey, who has been with Crestmark since its beginning, is based at the company’s corporate offices in Troy, and reports to Jeff Silverstein, senior vice president of the East Division Originally posted here: Crestmark Promotes Hickey to First VP, Assistant Portfolio Manager

Why Getting Funded Means Thinking Outside the Box

April 7th, 2016
Carolyn Mazzenga, partner-in-charge at accounting firm Marcum LLP, describes how traditional funding routes have been cut off for most startups. More: Why Getting Funded Means Thinking Outside the Box
Posted under: accounting Business Startups

Why Less Than 10% of Startups Know How to Handle Their Money

April 6th, 2016
Why is it so hard to work with small business? Blame the 90 percent challenge Go here to read the rest: Why Less Than 10% of Startups Know How to Handle Their Money
Posted under: accounting Business Finance